A unique salad, packed with iron! Your kids will eat spinach, as long as you don't tell them it's spinach. Popeye would have loved this!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package farfalle pasta
- 10 ounces baby spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size piece
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese with basil and tomato
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained and chopped
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, spinach, cheese, red onion and olives.
Whisk together the salad dressing, garlic, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss. Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve chilled.