This salad, which can be prepared quickly with packaged greens, is bursting with flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can pear slices, drained
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash spinach leaves and dry thoroughly. Transfer to large bowl; sprinkle with onion and blue cheese. Add pear slices.
In small saucepan, heat oil and vinegar until mixture is steaming. Immediately pour over salad and toss until evenly dressed. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately.