A rich cheese and spinach mixture is baked inside crisp, rolled pastry sheets. Easy to make, and looks fancy!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
In a large bowl, mix spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, egg, and onion. Spread half the mixture over each phyllo pastry sheet. Roll pastry sheets jelly-roll fashion, pinch ends to seal, and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
Make a few small slits in the top of each rolled pastry sheet. Bake 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.