Spinach and romaine lettuce combine with chopped hazelnuts, juicy golden raisins, red onion, creamy avocado slices, and mini shredded wheat cereal biscuits. The delicious dressing features sugar-free strawberry preserves, aged balsamic vinegar, and extra-
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry preserves
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 3 1/2 cups romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain mini shredded wheat cereal biscuits
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, strawberry preserves, and black pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together spinach, lettuce, hazelnuts, raisins, red onion, and shredded wheat biscuits. Drizzle salad dressing over the salad, and toss gently to combine. Serve topped with sliced avocado.