A red wine vinegar dressing is tossed with fresh spinach and mangoes. Toasted almonds top this delicious warm weather salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3/4 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple flavored balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh spinach - rinsed, dried and torn into bite size pieces
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded, and cubed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly toasted.
In a small bowl, mix red wine vinegar, maple flavored balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dry mustard, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
In a medium bowl, toss the red wine vinegar mixture with the spinach and mangos. Top with the toasted almonds.