This salad is a snap to make and looks and tastes very Italian. Cheese tortellini are cooked al dente and tossed with spinach, Parmesan cheese, cherry tomatoes, sliced black olives, and a prepared Italian dressing. Great barbecue salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese-filled tortellini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, spinach, cheese, tomatoes and olives. Add enough salad dressing to coat. Toss and season with salt and pepper.