A great classic dessert!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 7/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup eggbeaters
- 3/8 cup SPLENDA® Granular
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1/4 cups finely shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- butter flavored cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
In small bowl whisk together egg whites and eggbeaters. Set aside.
In large bowl beat Splenda, margarine, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and canola oil. Mix in egg mixture, stir until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture, then carrots and walnuts.
Pour into greased 8 cup loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, ice if desired.
Carrot cake can be baked in any size pan. Adjust baking time accordingly.©2002 McNeil-PPC, Inc. SPLENDA and the SPLENDA logo are trademarks of McNeil-PPC, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This content is intended for USA audiences only.