This is a very elegant looking but extremely easy to make salad. Beautiful colors.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 1/2 bunch fresh spinach, stems removed and chopped
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing
Preheat the oven broiler.
Brush the pepper with the oil, and place on a baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally, until black splotches appear on all sides. Remove from heat, and wrap tightly in plastic. Set aside for 15 minutes. Remove seeds and pulp, and chop.
In a large bowl, toss together the roasted red pepper, romaine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, sprouts, and raspberry vinaigrette.