Colorful, crunchy and an interesting mingling of flavors. Broccoli florets, crumbled bacon, red and green grapes, raisins, slivered almonds, and a few other tasty morsels, all tossed in a sweetened mayonnaise/vinegar dressing. Serves eight.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 12 slices bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, florets only
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seedless green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a large salad bowl, toss together the bacon, broccoli, celery, green onions, green grapes, red grapes, raisins and almonds.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.