I found this recipe at a time when too much asparagus was causing a problem. I found it to be a savior!! Recipe is not exclusive to asparagus, any favorite vegetable may be used.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 8 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup biscuit baking mix
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch deep dish pie pan.
Sprinkle the bacon, cheese, onion and asparagus into pie pan. In a medium bowl, beat together the milk, baking mix, egg substitute, salt, pepper and parsley; beat until smooth. Pour mixture into pie pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center of quiche comes out clean.