A deliciously mildly spicy ethnic-inspired salad that's very healthy as well. A nice crunchy twist on UNsprouted lentil salads.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups lentil sprouts
- 1/2 cup seeded, diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup seeded, chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
In a medium bowl, combine the lentil sprouts, cucumber, tomato, green onions, cilantro and radishes. Toss lightly.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, oregano, garlic powder, curry powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss lightly to coat. Chill for 20 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend before serving.