The exotic tropical star fruit lends its fragrant, flavorful juices to a simple steak marinade that will make your beef wonderfully delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 pounds beef sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 carambola (star fruit), cut into 1/3 inch slices
Place the beef sirloin steak in a medium dish and cover with Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle with ground black pepper and seasoning salt, adjusting the amounts to taste. Place star fruit slices around the steak. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator approximately 4 hours, turning steak once.
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
Cook steak 3 to 5 minutes per side on the prepared grill, or to desired doneness.