Scored round steak is marinated with soy sauce and tomato paste seasoned with garlic and oregano, then broiled or barbecued.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Remove fat from steak and score both sides by cutting 1/4 inch deep diagonal slices forming a diamond pattern.
Mash garlic with salt. Add soy sauce, tomato paste, oil, pepper and oregano. Mix well and rub into steak.
Wrap in waxed paper and let stand in refrigerator 5 to 6 hours, or overnight.
Broil or barbecue to desired degree of doneness.