Beef strips are marinated for 2 to 4 hours in lime juice with cilantro, then sauteed, and simmered with green pepper, onions, and additional lime juice.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound lean steak, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 julienned green bell pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
Combine the lime juice, ground pepper and cilantro in a shallow dish. Place steak strips into the marinade and refrigerate for two to four hours.
Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak strips, and fry until cooked to your liking. Remove meat and set aside.
Add remaining oil and onions to the skillet. Cook over medium low heat, until translucent, stir in green peppers and steak. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the top and stir. When the green bell peppers are just tender remove the pan from the heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the steak fajitas with tortillas and lemon wedges on the side.