Interesting twist on the typical steak salad. Broiled sirloin on Romaine lettuce with roma tomatoes, mushrooms, walnuts, and blue cheese with a smoky dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
Preheat oven on broiler setting. Broil steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to cool, then slice into bite-size pieces.
On chilled plates, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Top with steak slices.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and smoke flavoring. Drizzle over salad.