Chicken and cheese are mixed with rigatoni pasta and broccoli rabe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce with mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli rabe, trimmed and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook rigatoni pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the skillet 20 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a 10 inch casserole dish.
In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked pasta, cooked chicken, spaghetti sauce, broccoli rabe, and mozzarella cheese. Top with Cheddar cheese.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly brown.