Made with convenient frozen bread dough, these rolls can be prepared the night before and baked the next morning.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 (1 pound) loaves frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
In a small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cream. Divide evenly between two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
On a floured surface, roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12-in. x 8-in, rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Top with raisins if desired. Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place with cut side down in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator; cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
Cover loosely with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.