Easy, delicious and cheap kabobs that are quick and fun to prepare. Ideal for kids - big and small. Serve as part of a bbq or on a bed of couscous and raisins.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- wooden skewers
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian five-spice powder
- 24 Chipolata sausage
- 8 large shallots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Soak eight wooden skewers in water to prevent burning when grilled.
Mix honey, mustard, soy sauce, and five spice powder together in a large bowl. Add sausage, shallot, red pepper, zucchini, and carrot, and toss thoroughly to coat. Alternately thread sausage, shallot, red pepper, zucchini, and carrot onto skewers.
Cook skewers on the prepared grill until sausage is evenly brown and vegetables are tender.