Chicken and tofu are cooked in the wok with vegetables and Chinese flavorings. Serve alone, with rice, or over noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Chinese rice wine
- 1 medium green onion, diced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
In a medium bowl, mix the soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, and rice wine. Place the green onion and chicken in the mixture. Allow to marinate at least 15 minutes.
In a wok over medium-high heat, cook and stir the chicken with the marinade mixture about 5 minutes until almost done. Toss in the garlic, onion, and peppers. Continue to cook and stir 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp but tender and chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Mix the tofu, water, oyster sauce, and chili paste into the wok. Cook and stir until heated through.