Get sensational flavor combinations in this quick and easy one-dish meal that will have your family asking for seconds.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain.
Stir in tomato sauce, beans, water and Taco Seasoning Mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Drop small spoonfuls of muffin batter over meat mixture in a skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 15-17 minutes or until corn bread is done.
Top with cheese and green onion. Cover and cook over low heat until cheese melts.