Crumbled tofu is mixed with beans and vegetables in this thick, spicy meatless chili that is sure to please!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart water
In a medium bowl, crumble the tofu and toss with the chili powder and garlic.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute the onion and celery until tender. Stir in the tofu mixture. Continue cooking about 5 minutes over low heat.
Mix in the corn, kidney beans, and stewed tomatoes. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 50 minutes.