Orange gelatin is enhanced with pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries and whipped topping. We have this every Thanksgiving at my husband's request. It's our spin on my mother-in-laws recipe. Hope you like it as much as we do!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
In a large bowl, mix together the gelatin mix and cottage cheese until gelatin is dissolved; then fold in the whipped topping, mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, and pecans. Transfer to a greased mold, or cover and refrigerate in the bowl until set, at least 2 hours.