Grenadine highlights a strawberry puree over a sweet layer of cream cheese and strawberry preserves in this chilled pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons grenadine syrup
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and strawberry preserves. Fold in the whipped topping. Scoop the mixture into the prepared pie crust, and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, blend the strawberries, sugar, and grenadine syrup until slightly chunky. Spread over the cream cheese mixture. Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.