This cake is fantastic to have all year long - but I use it primarily in the summer because it's kept refrigerated so it's nice and cool.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package marble cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope whipped topping mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prepare and bake marble cake as directed on the box.
Poke holes in the cooled cake with a fork. Dissolve the strawberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Pour the gelatin over the cake, and refrigerate for 2 1/2 hours.
Combine whipped topping, vanilla pudding, milk, and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, until frosting is thick enough for spreading. Frost the cake, and serve. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.