Strawberries on a bed of red leaf lettuce, garnished with red onions for a stunning color combination. An unusual sounding recipe that turns people off until they taste it, then they love it.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sugar, milk and poppy seeds. Set aside.
Divide the lettuce into 6 individual salad bowls. Sprinkle strawberries over the lettuce, and garnish with onion slices. Pour dressing over salads just before serving.