The crust for this terrific pie is made with crumbled zwieback (twice-baked) toast which adds a wonderful texture to the finished pie. Its first layer is a sweetened cream cheese layer with whipped topping and mini marshmallows folded into it. The second
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups crushed zwieback toast
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups strawberries, partially frozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl mix together zwieback crumbs and white sugar. Stir in butter or margarine. Mix well and pat mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool.
In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping and marshmallows. Spread mixture evenly onto cooled crust.
Boil water in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add gelatin. Mix until dissolved, then stir in partially frozen strawberries. Pour mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill until very firm.