This is one of our favorite salad recipes. The combination of Romaine lettuce, toasted pecans, and fresh strawberries is unusual, but sooo good.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
In a small bowl, mix together salad dressing, milk, sugar, vinegar, and poppy seeds. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine lettuce, onion, strawberries, pecans, and red bell pepper in a salad bowl. Toss with dressing.