Homemade stroganoff...soup? Now you can enjoy beef stroganoff as a soup, using your slow cooker. Round steak, onion and pasta are cooked in mushroom soup and sour cream, with just a splash of steak sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry egg noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain and rinse under hot water.
In a slow cooker, combine the soup, 2 2/3 cup (or 2 soup cans) of water, sour cream and steak sauce. Mix until smooth. Add cooked steak pieces, onions and cooked noodles. Cook on low for 2 hours, or to desired taste and consistency.
In a large skillet, brown the round steak pieces with the onion to desired doneness.