Shell pasta stuffed with a garlicky mushroom, spinach, turkey and cheese filling topped with mozzarella and sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 8 ounces mushrooms, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Set aside in warm water.
In a large heavy skillet saute mushrooms, garlic and onions. Add ground turkey and cook until evenly brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, and stir in spinach, parsley, cottage cheese and Parmesan cheese.
Stuff the cooked shells with the mixture, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese.
Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until heated through.