This hot sandwich is pretty to look at and delicious to eat for lunch, dinner or a snack while watching the big game! Serve with your favorite chips and fresh fruit.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) round loaf sourdough bread
- 1 (7 ounce) container BUITONI® Pesto with Basil
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 12 slices provolone cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
CUT off top 1/3 of bread; set aside. Remove inside of bread, leaving a 3/4-inch wall. Spread half of pesto on inside of loaf; top with half the meat, pepper, tomato and cheese. Repeat layering, spreading remaining pesto on top of first layer of cheese. Replace top of bread; wrap bread in foil.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.