A great side dish that combines store bought stuffing with olives, pickles and herbs to create a magnificent concoction sure become a Thanksgiving favorite. I use milk in place of water when preparing the stuffing mix.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) packages dry bread stuffing mix
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 large potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) jars chopped pimento peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup sweet pickles, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dill pickles, diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Prepare the stuffing according to directions on package.
Over medium-low heat in a large saucepan, place the ground beef, onions and garlic. Slowly cook and stir until the onions are soft and the beef is evenly brown. Drain and set aside.
Place potatoes in a large, deep skillet with oil. Slowly cook and stir 10 minutes, or until evenly brown and tender, but firm.
Mix the stuffing, ground beef mixture, potatoes, pepper, salt, pimento peppers, olives, sweet pickles and dill pickles in the baking dish.
Return to the oven and bake 30 minutes. Serve hot.