Browned ground turkey and crisp-cooked bacon are combined with Italian-style mixed vegetables, beef consomme, dried pasta, and a can of bean and bacon soup in this dish seasoned with oregano and basil.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 slices turkey bacon
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (11.5 ounce) can condensed bean with bacon soup
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
In a large pot over high heat, combine the meat, bacon, consomme, soup, water, tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the vegetables and simmer for another 20 to 30 minutes. Add the egg noodles and simmer uncovered for another 10 minutes.