These are sugar free and delicious.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low sodium baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 egg whites
Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
In a blender, combine the juice concentrate and the raisins. Mix on high until raisins are chopped. Add the egg whites and beat on slow speed just until combined.
Slowly add the juice mixture and the oil to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Wrap the somewhat soft dough in waxed paper and chill for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Wet your hands and shape dough into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on nonstick cookie sheet and flatten with fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until just done. Don't overbake! Cool on wire rack.