Maple and brown sugars blend with flour, cream and vanilla to create a filling that bakes up sweet, creamy and memorable. Serve this delectable pie with whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 prepared 8 inch pie crust
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, mix together maple sugar, brown sugar, and flour. Add cream and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand at least 45 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator.