A yummy pumpkin pie with NO sugar added. If eggs are not part of your diet, substituted 1/2 cup egg substitute for 2 eggs. Originally submitted to ThanksgivingRecipe.com.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup artificial sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Combine pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar substitute, salt, pumpkin pie spice, water, and instant milk; mix until smooth and creamy. Pour filling into a unbaked pie shell. Grate nutmeg over filling.
Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees) for 13 to 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue to cook another 40 to 45 minutes.