This is a delicious light salad for summer. Great as a side dish, but filling enough for a light lunch!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
In a bowl, gently toss together the kidney beans, black beans, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions. In a separate bowl, mix the salsa, vinegar, and cilantro. Pour dressing over the bean mixture, and gently stir to coat. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.