Enjoy the fresh flavors of summer's best in every bite of this easy, colorful salad!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (15 ounce) can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
In a large bowl, gently toss beans, corn, onion, tomatoes, lime juice, and lemon zest. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix in basil just before serving.