Lamb and garlic go so well together. In this recipe the combination of herbs and spices complement the meat and make an awesome treat for friends and family.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 5 pounds boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 green bell peppers, cut into large chunks
- 1 (10 ounce) package whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 onions, quartered
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and juice reserved
- 1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
Place lamb in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, stir together mustard, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and garlic. Pour over lamb, and mix to coat meat. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat outdoor grill for direct heat.
Add marinated lamb, fruit, and vegetables to stainless steel or bamboo skewers. Reserve some of the juice from pineapple chunks and cherries.
In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and splashes of juice from the pineapples and cherries to create a basting sauce.
Place skewers on preheated grill, and cook about 12 minutes, turning and brushing with butter sauce.