Penne pasta and fresh vegetables are tossed with Catalina and Italian-style dressings.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina salad dressing
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 (2 ounce) cans sliced black olives
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Boil for one minute.
In large bowl, combine vinegar mixture, Catalina dressing and Italian dressing. Mix well. Add pasta, cucumber, olives, tomato, onion, carrots, and bell pepper; toss. Season with celery salt, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until serving.