Fresh vegetables and pasta with salami, pepperoni and tasty artichoke hearts make for a beautiful, crowd pleasing Summer dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound rotini/corkscrew pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 1 (6 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 pound salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 pound pepperoni, each piece cut into 4
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 2 cups Italian-style salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tomato, quartered
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water.
In a bowl combine cooked pasta, red pepper, zucchini, onion, olives, artichoke hearts, broccoli, salami, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Toss until well mixed. Pour on one cup of the dressing and mix well. Cool in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
When ready to eat, toss with remaining one cup of dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic. Garnish with tomato wedges