Red, green and yellow bell peppers are lightly sauteed along with a succession of zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms and garlic. Add chopped tomatoes and serve over freshly boiled pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1/3 pound sliced green bell peppers
- 1/3 pound sliced red bell peppers
- 1/3 pound sliced yellow bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium tomato - peeled, seeded and chopped
- ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
In a large pot cook penne pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, leaving it slightly wet.
While pasta is cooking, wash the bell peppers and cut them into 1/4 inch strips. In a large skillet over medium heat place 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the pepper until soft. Do not allow peppers to brown.
To the skillet, add the sliced zucchini and yellow squash and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and minced garlic and saute an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped tomatoes and remove from heat.
Dish pasta portions onto warmed plated. Add sauce to top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.