This recipe uses venison and breakfast sausage. Takes four days to make, but well worth it!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons meat tenderizer
- 1/4 cup water, or as needed
In a large bowl, mix together the ground venison and pork sausage. Season with mustard powder, mustard seed, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion salt, and meat tenderizer. Mix in just enough water to make the mixture sticky. Cover, and refrigerate for three days, mixing once a day.
On the fourth day, preheat the oven to 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Form the mixture into 2 inch rolls, and place them on a baking sheet.
Bake for 6 hours in the preheated oven, until firm and cooked through. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until needed.