Sun-dried tomatoes are blended with fresh herbs, pine nuts, garlic, balsamic vinegar, red wine, olive oil and Parmesan. This is fabulous on pasta, pizza and sandwiches.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.