Chicken bakes in a sublimely rich apple-curry cream sauce, indeed a perfect dish to serve your guests.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a small saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add the curry powder, apple and onion and saute until onion is translucent. Add soup and cream and stir together.
Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Pour apple/cream sauce mixture over chicken and bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Let cool 10 minutes and serve.