This is a really tasty, colourful, and quick side dish or a fast meal for those on the go. I make this about once a week and it is great reheated with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups torn baby spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- vinaigrette salad dressing to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place rice and water in a pot, and bring to a boil. Let sit five minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir in the orange bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, and spinach. Season with garlic salt and seasoned salt. Cook 5 minutes. Mix in cooked rice, vinaigrette and Parmesan cheese. Continue cooking until heated through.