This is best when prepared a day ahead. Makes zesty flavorful fajitas every time. Great for beef OR chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise seed (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice, green onions, garlic, cilantro, oil, red pepper, coriander, and anise. Whisk until well blended.
Pour mixture over your favorite meat, cover, and marinate for 12 to 24 hours before cooking as desired.