The name of this recipe comes from the fact that you can make different versions of this salad. Depending upon how you sprinkle the cheese, you can create either short or long hair.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 radishes, quartered and sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips or triangles
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- Italian dressing
MOUND shredded lettuce evenly onto 6 individual plates.
SPRINKLE cheese around each mound to resemble hair. Decorate faces as desired with radishes and next 3 ingredients.
DRIZZLE with Italian dressing, and serve immediately.
Reprinted with permission of Southern Living® magazine. All rights reserved.