This is a very easy and different tasting sparerib recipe dominated by the taste of allspice. It's loved by everyone who has ever tasted it.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 pounds country style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
In a small bowl, mix together the pepper, sugar, salt and allspice. Sprinkle the spice mixture generously over each rib.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, but be careful not to burn. Brown ribs on all sides in the butter. Pour in the beef broth, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until ribs are fork tender. Do not remove the lid from the skillet during cooking.