This is the perfect soup when the summer crop of fresh corn is bountiful. Frozen corn makes a great substitute when the snow flies.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups frozen or fresh whole kernel corn
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1 (6 ounce) can crab, drained
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and add corn and onions. Stir until the corn and onions are soft, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes or until flavors blend.