A tasty treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth. Crumbled cornflakes make the texture a little different than most other recipes.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cornflakes cereal, crumbled
- 8 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar for dusting
In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Take a small handful of cornflakes and crumble them into the mixture. Stir well.
Soak the bread slices in the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Place the bread slices in the pan; brown on both sides. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar; serve hot.